About the Client
The client is a world leader in Chemical Manufacturing.
- The client has global operations and had acquired lot of profitable business in the last decade. As a part of these acquisitions, it has recently acquired one of the largest manufacturer in Europe and its subsidiaries in multiple geographies.
- The client is currently running its business operations on SAP and the acquired business also runs business on SAP. With the recent acquisition they have decided to integrate the IT systems for better visibility and tracking of financials across the globe.
Business NeedThe most important business needs are listed below:
- To integrate the acquired business using IT transformation and integration program.
- To roll-out the integration foot-print in 4 continents i.e. Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia involving a total of 19 countries.
- Design a common reporting solution across the globe, while retaining a minimal local flavor.
- Reporting solution to cover the business processes of Order to Cash and Accounts Receivable.
The key limitations of the existing system included:
- Non-existent BI strategy and roadmap
- Silo'ed reporting solutions
- High cost of ownership
- High redundancies
- High time to market
These limitations led to a very weak business information framework implementation which did not support exploiting the information available and using it for strategic business growth. The client needed a partner who could build an integrated, consistent and structured information repository to enable business transformation and exploitation of knowledge while at the same time work hand-in-hand with the delivery management inleading this very strategic and highly visible initiative for the client in setting the direction for the program there by providing input to the BI strategy and also managing delivery at the operational level