About the Client
The Client is a leading pharmaceutical company with its headquarters in Dublin-Ireland, and Malvern-Pennsylvania for US operations. It started its operations in 1997 by acquiring pharmaceutical products, assets, and production rights from other pharmaceutical companies, and currently, it has an active headcount of around 3000 employees.
The Client was using the native (Mobile Device Management) MDM capabilities of M365 for securing its enterprise data and devices. As a part of a strategic exercise to enhance the scope and potential of the current MDM solution by leveraging the complete capabilities of M365, it wanted an implementation of a new Intune-based custom solution. The enhancements sought from the proposed solution are outlined below.
- Unified suite for easy configuration and administration of corporate security policies
- Secure access to enterprise data and applications across company-issued and BYOD assets
- A comprehensive solution for Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Advanced access controls by integrating with Azure Active Directory
- The ability to access enterprise data and applications, from everywhere and anytime across any registered device
New Era, by virtue of having successfully completed many projects for the Client, was
engaged to develop a custom Intune-based MDM solution.
Solution ApproachNew Era did a comprehensive assessment of the enhancements that the client sought and implemented the below-outlined steps for developing the solution with Intune-based best practices.
- Configuring the Azure Directory portal with Role-based access (RBAC) for improved access management
- Setting-up Windows, iOS, and Android in the MDM portal for usage across a variety of devices
- Define and configure device, compliance policies, and groups, as per the Client’s enterprise regulations
- Develop a plan to transition iOS devices from native mail to Outlook as part of the Mobile Application Management
- Strategize the transition of Android-based devices from Android device administrator to Android Enterprise work profiles.